All you need to know about Medical Visa in India
Healthcare industry in India is advancing by leaps & bounds. With world class technology, experienced doctors, unmatchable treatment cost in the country & specialized treatments across categories. India is undoubtedly becoming a choice for treatment not only for neighbouring countries but also for world class countries like USA, UK & many more.
To avail a treatment in the country for any of the medical concerns. One has to avail permission from governing authorities in the form of a Medical Visa.
Medical visa as the name suggests, is granted to people who are travelling for medical treatment in any reputed/recognizable hospital/healthcare center in India. Regardless of the name it is much similar like other visas except few documents are needed relating to health.
ELIGIBILITY FOR E-MEDICAL VISA/ MEDICAL VISA:
E-Medical visa is applied online at https://indiaevisas.org/apply-visa/ & Patient need to submit scanned documents. Process here is faster than normal medical visa application. Here you get the approval within 3 working days of normal application otherwise if applied urgent you receive approval within 24 hours. Applicants will receive their medical visas via email after filling out the application form with the necessary information, and once the online payment is completed/verified.
Medical Visa is applied through indian embassy office in your home country & process requires physical documents submission. It takes a little longer than e-visa process but fees here is lesser.
- Indian e-Medical Visa online is available for Nationals of 166 countries around the world. As an applicant, you may check the complete list of eligible country for Indian Visa. Otherwise you can apply for a medical visa through indian embassy consulate in your country.
- Medical tourism visa in India is only offered to patients for treatment in reputed and recognized medical centres & specialized hospitals in India.
- Initial medical advice received from the country of their origin which consequently led them to go for the special treatment abroad. Referral letter from recognized specialized hospital/ treating doctor in India.
- Two attendants are allowed with the patient to travel India. Attendant should be a blood relative.
- For those seeking medical tourist visas from any of the following countries need to procure a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate as per the Government of India directives: Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Somalia.Travelers from these countries need to have Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certificate which has to be taken six weeks prior to their entry into India. The OPV is obligatory for adults and children.
VALIDITY OF INDIAN MEDICAL VISAS
- The validity of Indian e-Medical Visa will be 60 days from the arrival date in India.
- Indian e-Visa for Medical trips can be available for a maximum of 2 times a year.
- Triple entry is permitted for Indian Medical e-Visa.
Documents Needed for E-Medical Visa:
- A coloured copy of your passport in PDF, JPG or PNG format with not more than 3 MB of size.
- A digital passport photo in JPEG format
- A letter from the hospital in India (its name must be on the letterhead) in PDF format.
PAPERWORK AND DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO GET A MEDICAL TOURISM VISA
Here is a list of important documents you would need to submit in order to apply for a medical tourism visa:
- Passport with 6 months validity.
- Recent Passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of the passport.
- For applicants under the age of 18, a non-objection certificate signed by both parents is needed.
- Copy of the online visa application form.
- Proof of residential address.
- Proof of required funds.
- Recommendation from the home country doctor to visit particular specialised medical centre for treatment.
- Medical documents of the treatments that are done.
- Passport copy of attendant.
- Proof of relation with attendant.
Once you arrange these documents you need to submit to Indian embassy in home country with the application form.
INDIA MEDICAL VISA PROCESSING FEES:
You need to pay two types of fees for Indian Medical e-Visa, Indian Government e-Visa Fee and Visa Service Fee. The Service fee is charged for assisting you to get the e-medical Visa as fast as possible. Government fee is charged by the policy of the Government of India. For Medical Visa through regular process only Government Visa Fee has to be paid. Once you have completed Visa requirements then another step is you need to apply for FRRO. All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India for long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of arrival. However, Pakistan nationals are required to register within 24 hours of their arrival. All Afghan nationals are required to register with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival except those Afghan nationals who enter India on a visa valid for 30 days or less provided the Afghan national concerned gives his/her local address in India to the Indian Mission/FRRO/FRO. The Afghan nationals who are issued visas with ‘ Exemption from police reporting’ are exempt from Police reporting as well as Exit permission provided they leave within the Visa validity period. For further process on FRRO – when & where to register & document requirements Visit us at : www.thewellnessgate.com/FRRO.php